The department of Social Welfare and Community Development on Thursday, 6th of July, 2023 teamed up with the Ghana Health Service – Nutrition Unit to engage and sensitize members of the Tailors and Dressmakers Association – Asene branch on health related issues. Association members were taken through:
1. The Core functions and programmes of the Department.
2. Flashcards on Positive attitudes as Citizens.
3. Talk on Hepatitis B causes, effects and treatment.
4. Talk on Typhoid Fever, causes, effects and treatment.
5. They were also sensitized on the importance of being vaccinated should one be negative with regards to Hepatitis B and preventive methods.
In addition to the above engagement the Association members pleaded with the Department to organize a Health Screening Programme for them and if possible, community members so as to aid them know their health status with regards to Hepatitis B and Typhoid Fever.
The SWCD department teamed up again with the Ghana Health Service – Nutrition Unit/ Asene Health Centre and Community Development Regional Directorate to organize a health screening programme for members of the Tailors and Dressmakers Association – Asene Branch on the 11th of May, 2022.
Association members were screened on the following: Typhoid Fever, Hepatitis B, HIV/AIDS, Syphilis, Blood Pressure and other Body Vitals like height, weight etc.
The Community Development – Regional Directorate represented by Mr. Benjamin Apeke monitored the exercise. A total of Twenty (20) persons were screened on Hepatitis B and Typhoid Fever whereas the rest were screened on HIV/AIDS, Syphilis, Blood Pressure and other body vitals.